Monday, September 01, 2008

And then there were three....

The Fall is a busy season in our household. There's back to school, Brandon's birthday and my birthday in September; followed by Vanessa's birthday and Halloween in October; November is Al's Birthday and Thanksgiving and then there's December! We also have lots of yearly events and traditions during these wonderful months.

So in anticipation of Halloween, Brandon has picked out his costume. He just knew, hasn't considered others; he wants to be a Transformer. Vanessa, on the other hand, is contemplating. It was always Hannah Montana, then a few days ago it was Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). She found the perfect Disney "exclusive" dress, wand, crown and light-up shoes. Today, she showed me the perfect costume, she wants this one so bad she even circled the catalog with a pen! She "currently" wants to be Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. She claims it's more her style; especially once it is complete with the sparkly red shoes and Toto in a cute, yet comfortable basket. I love traditions and holidays, I treasure these moments.

Brandon will be 9 years old on Sunday. Where does the time go? Every moment has been a blessing. It hasn't been easy, but it has certainly been an inspirational journey. I am grateful to be a Spouse and Friend but more than anything else, I am blessed to be a Mom to two amazing children!

Hmm, maybe I should pick out a costume......

2 comments:

hellokittiemama said...

Happy upcoming bday to Brandon. I can't believe..9, wow.. so fast.

Belle has declared she will be Ariel - I'm pretty sure she'll keep with it this time. She wanted to be Ariel last year but then at the last minute changed to a black cat (because Dora in the dora halloween book is a black kitty cat).

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Brandon. I hope this birthday is everything you want it to be!