Wednesday, September 03, 2008

School Days.......

The kids and I all started school today. Although I it was bittersweet that I didn't get to see them get on the bus, husband did a great job picture taking! My day went well, Wednesdays are the worst, I have two classes and am in a class (lectures) for a total of 4 hrs and 20 minutes. Fortunately, we can have snacks and beverages at our desks. Also, the subject matter is interesting so it is fun!

We had to make our first speeches in my public speaking class. Not too bad, but there was a catch. We had to partner up with a classmate and speak about the other person. We needed to have one commonality, one unusual feature etc. I felt bad once my partner went up. I had told her about Vanessa and I told her she could share that with the class. She started speaking, mentioned my name, my age, etc and I saw that it was difficult for her to talk about Vanessa. But she did, and it was hard to listen but easier than for me having to share it directly with the class. I try not to discuss certain things, not to hide them, but because I want to be treated fairly. It's great if others are inspired but we certainly don't want pity. However, if it means that a few more good people are praying tonight, then it's a successful thing.

Vanessa did great at achool and loved the school lunch. Too bad I didn't have the menu yesterday BEFORE I bought the cold cuts. No harm done, we have sandwiches as afterschool snacks!

Brandon also did great and I can't wait to spend his birthday with him. He is anxiously waiting for a hard to find pokemon video game, I found it and it should arrive by Saturday. He wants to go to hibachi for dinner, I can't wait! We always have an awesome time.

My birthday is next week Friday. I wouldn't mind going to Perkins or Applebees, would love to try out Melting Pot but don't think it's very child friendly. Where ever I go, it will be a late evening event if it happens at all since I signed up for a Substitute Teacher Course for that weekend. Most importantly, where ever it is, restaurant or at home, all I want is my kids and husband with me. Perhaps some munchies and a great family movie may be my final decision, but it will be time well spent and very special.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hey girl! You've been incognito for too long. I've decided to pull you out of lurkdom and 'tag' you for a task. Come visit my blog to see what you need to do!